Thursday, June 27, 2013

stone carvings


Today I took a walk around the area that I’m living in to talk to the Father about the people living here. It was perfect weather for a walk and I am glad for the opportunity to do a job so important, but so easily overlooked. The time really made me reflect a little bit on how much more I need to talk to the Father in my life.
While I walked I was reminded again of how many people there are here. Everywhere I turned there were people working in their stores, doing construction, harvesting rice, playing outside and driving by. It was interesting to watch all that is going on.
One thing I passed toward the end of my walk was people carving idols/temple things out of stone. As I watched for a few minutes I remembered a story that our friend Luke wrote about. He mentioned that Paul was in a city and he caused a big stir because people were buying less idols and things related to the temple of Diana. I began to think, since I am asking the Father to change over this whole village, these men will surely lose work!
After I got home I spent some time reading the story and it was so interesting to have just seen a situation with so many parallels. Someday soon, I hope that there is such little interest in these idols that these men are making like what happened in the story Luke told!
It is always such an encouragement to see how the world is so accurately reflected in a book written over 1,000 years ago! The Creator surely knows us and His Word speaks into the situations we are in!

No comments:

Post a Comment