Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Move

One week ago I worked my last day at Vision of Hope in Lafayette, IN and said all my goodbyes before a very early departure on Wednesday morning. It was such a crazy week of high emotion for a number of reasons. The hardest part was leaving friends who I have grown to know and love for the past year and a half, where I have never been gone longer than ten days in that time!
I knew that this time would be so different. Every time I told another friend "See you later," was hard, but the most challenging ones were my fellow interns. Some of them knew me since the first time I visited Vision of Hope and all were ones who I had worked alongside day after day and even in the middle of the night. There is nothing like having people who have your back even when it's late or inconvenient, and ones who love you even after they've seen you at your worst! There were many moments we recalled as I told each one goodbye. I loved remembering stories of tears together and hard days as well as joys and victories.
As I hit the road I just spent a lot of time talking. I talked to my Father about my hurt and no longer being so close to such good friends and a great job. But I also got to share with Him my anticipation for moving to Charleston. Actually, as I drove I was getting videos of possible rental places from my future roommates as they toured places in our soon to be home, Summerville, SC! Such a strange mixture of emotions! But I am so thankful for good friends worth missing as well as the adventure ahead of me!
And that adventure is what I want to let you in on! My sister Tab and her husband Robb have been serving in their church in Lynchburg, VA and are being sent by their church to plant a church. They have been prayerfully considering moving to do this in the Charleston area for a year and half, and over a year ago they invited me to join them. As I heard them sharing about it more, I decided I wanted to join in October. What really drew me in was how they wanted to do this. They said they wanted a team of people in 
Charleston to be working jobs and sharing the G*spel in their workplace and community and starting small group B*ble studies. That got me because that is exactly what I want to do oversees someday! And that is how any Follower should live!

So right now my main focus is job searching. Thankfully God has provided us with a rental place (me and 3 other girls on the team),
I would love your prayers for this and for boldness on my part to live out my faith and for the Spirit to stir up interest and questions in the people I will interact with!

No comments:

Post a Comment