Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Perspective

It is better to go to the house of mourning than to go to the house of feasting, for this is the end of all mankind, and the living will lay it to heart. Ecc. 7:2

This passage came to my mind today as I watched the video of Beth Hopper's funeral. Beth was a woman from Faith Ch in Indiana who fought cancer for the past few years and died just weeks ago from cancer in her 30's. I did not know her personally, but I was able to hear her story last year as she shared it with a woman's group. (Check it out here).

It is so true what Soloman wrote, that going to a funeral gives us perspective and reminds us of how our lives are so brief. 

I have been struggling this week to trust. I wasn't here a few days when I became scared. Did I make the wrong choice? Should I have done something that was more secure? Should I have moved here without a job? Will I get a job?--And it was certainly irrational, especially considering that I had not even been here long enough for most of the companies to review my applications! However, those crazy irrational feelings quickly take over. 


It is so easy to lose perspective. As I sat and watched that video today, the thought was solidified in my mind--My Father has a BIG plan in place, and He has supplied me with EVERYTHING I need to do it! He is not sitting questioning like me, "What will I do with Timea?" "How will she ever survive?' "Is there ANYWHERE she can work?" No, He told me
"His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence," 2 Pet. 1:3.

I am so thankful that my Father brings me the truths I need just when I need them, and doesn't sit back when I am scared or doubting, but He is so quick to use His Word and His people and remind me of the truths I need to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment