Friday, May 31, 2013

CONNECT

     Just finished the last day of training and tomorrow I'll finish goodbyes and fly home until I leave. It's been such a great time. I have made 14 new friends and I've really been amazed by how much I have been able to get to know and love each one of them.
     I have so many stories. There are times we've spent learning about all kinds of tough stuff, support staff honestly has shared their hearts, and we've spent time as brothers and sisters talking to our Father.
     One of my favorites is ALL the connections I've made with the people I've met here:
  • C: Knows a friend from home. They not only went to the same college, but lived on the same floor. ALSO his hometown in my where a friend from school is from and he knows her parents! (EXTRA: actually it's because of a challenge my friend's dad gave that he is interested in going abroad!)
  • R: My roommate this week. She knows my sister!!! and I went to High School with her BFF!
  • Mr. and Mrs. L: Her brother is from my hometown!!! Actually we both were at her neices wedding in the early 2000's!
  • K: He thinks he might have me one of my good friends from my freshman year.
  • K: She knows one of my friends who goes to her school!
and those are just the ones I can remember now! Isn't that CRAZY!

     Well heading out tomorrow and then doing all the last things at home before I go!


     As I get close to this plane ride, I'm trying to think of how to keep occupied for over 24 hours of travel time! I'd love to hear some of your ideas--just post them as a comment.

1 comment:

  1. When you were little I had each of you carry a back bag with toys, books, snacks, etc on the plane! now you need to find things for the plane! :-) Your Father's Book, Solitaire, Real Simple, Read how to work your camera, info on travels, and do whatever school work you can - so you won't have to do it when you get there. For fun, take a little Mr. Potato Head and don't put your angry eyes in and watch out for monkey bites - really! Love you <3 Xs and Os

    ReplyDelete